The tenth issue of upstreet will appear in early July of 2014. Payment, upon publication,
We invite you to submit your poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction for the tenth issue of upstreet.
- Please read these guidelines carefully. If they are not followed, your submission will not be considered.
- We take submissions only through the upstreet Submission Manager, an online system that will be found here.
- The submission period for upstreet number ten is from September 1, 2013, to March 1, 2014. The Submission Manager will take work only within that time period.
- The Submission Manager provides a form to enter the author’s name, address, phone number, and email. A brief bio and other information may be entered in the comments field.
- Please do not submit previously published works, or more than three poems, two fiction, and two nonfiction pieces per issue.
- Fiction and nonfiction pieces must be 5,000 words or less.
- Each poem should be single spaced, and contained in a separate file. Prose poems should be submitted as fiction or creative nonfiction, not poetry. Poems about poetry are unlikely to be published.
- Please tell us if your submission is being considered elsewhere, and tell us immediately if it is accepted by another publication.
- Notification will be made via email by May 2014.
will be between $50 and $150 for poems, and between $50 and $250 for short stories or essays.
Each author will also receive one complimentary copy, and may purchase more copies at a reduced rate.